– We’re collecting information about SOPs on cancer reduction, violent incidents, mental health, and response policies to highlight best practices. READ
– The Arthur J. Glatfelter Distinguished Service Award recognizes exceptional service to the NFFF by men and women who continue to support his legacy. Nominations are being accepted now through February 1, 2019.
» Download the Application Form READ
Two Organizations Selected Co-Recipients of the Senator Paul S. Sarbanes Fire Service Safety Leadership Award
– The Florida Firefighters Safety and Health Collaborative and the Denver Fire Department will receive the award at the 31st Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner on April 25, 2019, in Washington, DC. READ
– In this episode of Everyone Goes Home® Speak Up, John Dixon reflects on an impactful moment at the National Memorial in Emmitsburg, Maryland. READ
– The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation is planning the 2019 High School Fire and EMS Cadet Program Symposium and have developed a survey to identify specific areas of interest.
» Take the Survey READ
– Dr. Denise Smith and her team are conducting a brief survey to better understand the incidence of various cardiovascular conditions in the fire service. READ
– Attendees in Columbus encouraged the development of an NFPA standard that will organize and bring structure to response policies in fire departments across the nation, noting that one of the causal factors often cited in preventable line-of-duty deaths is the lack of a policy or procedure in place or the failure to follow an existing policy. READ
– In 2018, the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) will again mark #GivingTuesday as #FireHeroTuesday. You can answer the call on Tuesday, November 27, 2018, to honor America’s fallen fire heroes, assist their families, and work to prevent firefighter line-of-duty deaths and injuries. READ
CFSI and NFFF Accepting Nominations for the Senator Paul S. Sarbanes Fire Service Safety Leadership Award
– Co-sponsored by CFSI and the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, the Senator Paul S. Sarbanes Fire Service Safety Leadership Award was established in 2009 to recognize public safety organizations for outstanding contributions to the advancement of firefighter health and safety. Deadline for nominations is Dec. 6, 2018. READ
– Responding to Violent Incidents Training is one-hour, self-paced program provides participants with a basic knowledge of best practices gleaned from fire departments across the country and provides recommendations in-line with NFPA 3000™ (PS) Standard for an Active Shooter/Hostile Event Response Program. READ