– On this episode of Everyone Goes Home® Speak Up, Chief Tobia notes that obtaining an annual physical for every firefighter in the U.S. would save the lives of our firefighters. READ
Announcing the 17th Annual Harry S. Truman Legacy Symposium – a Partnership of the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and the Key West Harry S. Truman Foundation
– The 17th Annual Harry S. Truman Legacy Symposium will be held on May 5-6, 2019, on the historic grounds of the Harry S. Truman Little White House in Key West, Florida. READ
– National Burn Awareness Week is an excellent opportunity to increase burn awareness. We encourage you to help prevent fires and burn injuries by increasing your fire safety and prevention measures. READ
– On this episode of Everyone Goes Home® Speak Up, Chief Trisha Wolford talks about the 16 Firefighter Life Safety Initiatives that are most meaningful to her and what they should translate to for company officers. READ
– We’re collecting information about SOPs on cancer reduction, violent incidents, mental health, and response policies to highlight best practices. READ
– The Arthur J. Glatfelter Distinguished Service Award recognizes exceptional service to the NFFF by men and women who continue to support his legacy. Nominations are being accepted now through February 1, 2019.
» Download the Application Form READ
Two Organizations Selected Co-Recipients of the Senator Paul S. Sarbanes Fire Service Safety Leadership Award
– The Florida Firefighters Safety and Health Collaborative and the Denver Fire Department will receive the award at the 31st Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner on April 25, 2019, in Washington, DC. READ
– In this episode of Everyone Goes Home® Speak Up, John Dixon reflects on an impactful moment at the National Memorial in Emmitsburg, Maryland. READ
– The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation is planning the 2019 High School Fire and EMS Cadet Program Symposium and have developed a survey to identify specific areas of interest.
» Take the Survey READ
– Dr. Denise Smith and her team are conducting a brief survey to better understand the incidence of various cardiovascular conditions in the fire service. READ