– In the third episode of this three-part series on the FDNY Father's Day Fire, we are joined by the wives of Lieutenant John Downing, Firefighter Brian Fahey, and Firefighter Harry Ford. READ
National Fallen Firefighters Foundation to Promote Kartoon Channel! Series “Rainbow Valley Fire Department” as Educational Tool
– The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation continues to spread fire safety and prevention education awareness by joining forces with Genius Brands International's Kartoon Channel! and its Rainbow Valley Fire Department series. Together, kids, parents and educators will heed the call to action to be a hero and save lives through learning important lessons presented in the series. The Foundation will promote the series through multiple points of distribution to their network as an entertaining, free resource to be used while educating kids on the importance of fire safety and prevention. READ
– In the second episode of this three-part series on the FDNY Father's Day Fire, we discuss a Queens taxpayer fire that erupted into a 5-alarm fire claiming the lives of three firefighters Lieutenant John Downing, Firefighter Brian Fahey, and Firefighter Harry Ford. READ
– In this three-part series on the FDNY Father's Day Fire, we discuss a Queens taxpayer fire that erupted into a 5-alarm fire claiming the lives of three firefighters Lieutenant John Downing, Firefighter Brian Fahey, and Firefighter Harry Ford. READ
– Read the latest news from the National Firefighter Registry including updates on Covid-19, the National Firefighter Registry Subcommittee Meeting, Dr. Steven M. Moffatt, National Firefighter Cancer Symposium, and the next steps for the National Firefighter Registry. READ
– The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) has re-launched its Fire Hero Learning Network course relating to the national response to violent incidents. The new course, Responding to Violent Incidents 2.0, is a self-paced program that adds information on response to civil unrest and public assembly events, material from the NFPA 3000: Standard for an Active Shooter Hostile Event Response (ASHER) program, and Tactical Emergency Casualty Care. READ
– The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation is proud to announce the “Legacies in Leadership” website, which contains thoughts and advice from the past and present fire service leaders to the next generation of fire service influencers.
» Visit www.legaciesinleadership.com READ
– The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation will celebrate International Firefighters’ Day on May 4, 2021. We invite communities, businesses, fire departments, and media to join us in celebrating and highlighting the great work firefighters do every day, and to thank them for all that they do to keep us safe.
» Get Involved READ
– Join us as we begin our 60-day NFFF 2-Pound Challenge. Whether you want to lose weight, exercise more, clear away clutter, or just relax a bit more, this challenge is for you. Starting off with small goals can lead to big accomplishments! READ
– In this episode, we continue to discuss the 2019 McMicken Explosion and near-miss incident of Surprise, Arizona where multiple first responders were blasted over 75 feet as a result of an explosion of a lithium-ion battery energy storage facility. READ