– In May 2018, the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation gathered 30 fire service subject matter experts to evaluate and discuss Firefighter Life Safety Initiative #11: National standards for emergency response policies should be developed and championed. READ
– Like many people in the fire service, the gravity of what Diana has seen and experienced lingered with her, leading to a diagnosis of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). In 2009, she began competing in off-road trail races and triathlons to deal with her PTSD symptoms and found great healing in the sport. READ
– The theme of the 2018 Firefighter Safety Stand Down is "Be Aware - Get Checked". The Stand Down is scheduled to occur June 17-23 and will highlight the importance of responders taking care of... READ
– Sunday May 20, 2018 marks the beginning of National EMS Week and presents an opportunity to honor the men and women who deliver pre-hospital 9-1-1 emergency medical care throughout the United States. READ
– The NFFF has partnered with Dr. Sally Spencer-Thomas, a leading suicidologist with experience in developing innovative programs for first responders. As part of this assessment, Dr. Spencer-Thomas created a survey to gather feedback from fire service members (active, retired and non-uniformed), support groups (clinicians, EAP providers, chaplaincy groups, etc.) and family members. READ
Learn more about the great things going on with the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation’s Everyone Goes Home® Program
You can receive more information about National Fallen Firefighters Foundation programs, news, events, resources, and ways you can stay involved. You choose the types of E-mail alerts and programs that you’re interested in and we’ll send you the latest updates.