– In this Everyone Goes Home® Speak Up, Deputy Fire Chief Steve Przibowski, of the Santa Clara County Fire Department, discusses the importance of empowering all firefighters to speak up to stop unsafe operations. READ
– The National Firefighter Registry will be used to track and analyze cancer trends and risk factors among the U.S. fire service to help the public safety community, researchers, scientists and medical professionals find better ways to protect those who protect our communities and environment. READ
– Earlier this fall, the September issue of Firehouse Magazine featured the 2019 Fire Service Health &and Safety Report. This 32-page supplement contains 15 articles by some the fire service's most respected authors and some of its rising stars. READ
– Co-sponsored by CFSI and the NFFF, the Senator Paul S. Sarbanes Fire Service Safety Leadership Award recognizes public safety organizations for outstanding contributions to the advancement of firefighter health and safety. The deadline for submissions is December 6, 2019. READ
– In this Everyone Goes Home® Speak Up, New York State Fire Instructor Paul Melfi talks about how his life changed in 2002 when he attended the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Weekend to honor a close friend who had died in the line-of-duty. READ
– The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) has redesigned the International Seatbelt Pledge site to encourage more firefighters to buckle-up every time they get in department apparatus or their own vehicle. With a few quick “clicks” on your laptop or mobile device, it’s now easier than ever to take the pledge and make that live-saving “click” before wheels roll. For more information and to take the International Seatbelt Pledge, go to www.seatbeltpledge.com. READ
Learn more about the great things going on with the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation’s Everyone Goes Home® Program
You can receive more information about National Fallen Firefighters Foundation programs, news, events, resources, and ways you can stay involved. You choose the types of E-mail alerts and programs that you’re interested in and we’ll send you the latest updates.