– The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and the Everyone Goes Home® Firefighter Life Safety Initiatives Program is pleased to once again participate as a partner in the IAFC/IAFF 2008 Fire/EMS Safety, Health and Survival Week, scheduled for June 22-28, 2008. READ
– Senators Barbara A. Mikulski and Benjamin L. Cardin (both D-Md.) today announced the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (JHSPH) in Baltimore has received a $1 million Fire Prevention and Safety Grant (FPS) to support research to help reduce the number of firefighter fatalities due to heart attacks. Heart attacks remain the leading cause of death for firefighters today. READ
– The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation Life Safety Initiatives Program, is pleased to announce that Lisa Valadie has been selected as the Firefighter Life Safety Initiatives Program State Advocate for Mississippi. READ
– The New York City Fire Department (FDNY) was awarded the Seal of Excellence Award during the Code Fearless Concert held May 22, 2008. Chief Ronald J. Siarnicki, Executive Director of the National... READ
– Senator John Kerry announced today that he and Sen. Sherrod Brown are introducing legislation to promote adoption of the highest safety standards for all of the nation's fire departments, including hundreds of departments right here in Massachusetts. READ
– According to the International Association of Fire Fighters, more than 100 fire fighters die in the line of duty each year, while tens of thousands of additional fire fighters sustain work-related injuries. READ
Learn more about the great things going on with the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation’s Everyone Goes Home® Program
You can receive more information about National Fallen Firefighters Foundation programs, news, events, resources, and ways you can stay involved. You choose the types of E-mail alerts and programs that you’re interested in and we’ll send you the latest updates.