– The Florida Firefighters Safety and Health Collaborative and the Denver Fire Department will receive the award at the 31st Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner on April 25, 2019, in Washington, DC. READ
– The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation is planning the 2019 High School Fire and EMS Cadet Program Symposium and have developed a survey to identify specific areas of interest.
» Take the Survey READ
– Attendees in Columbus encouraged the development of an NFPA standard that will organize and bring structure to response policies in fire departments across the nation, noting that one of the causal factors often cited in preventable line-of-duty deaths is the lack of a policy or procedure in place or the failure to follow an existing policy. READ
– In 2018, the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) will again mark #GivingTuesday as #FireHeroTuesday. You can answer the call on Tuesday, November 27, 2018, to honor America’s fallen fire heroes, assist their families, and work to prevent firefighter line-of-duty deaths and injuries. READ
– Co-sponsored by CFSI and the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, the Senator Paul S. Sarbanes Fire Service Safety Leadership Award was established in 2009 to recognize public safety organizations for outstanding contributions to the advancement of firefighter health and safety. Deadline for nominations is Dec. 6, 2018. READ
– Responding to Violent Incidents Training is one-hour, self-paced program provides participants with a basic knowledge of best practices gleaned from fire departments across the country and provides recommendations in-line with NFPA 3000™ (PS) Standard for an Active Shooter/Hostile Event Response Program. READ
– The September issue of Firehouse Magazine features the 2018 Fire Service Health and Safety Report. This 32-page supplement emphasizes the value of a progressive, safety-focused fire service culture, and provides information and resources to help firefighters implement the 16 Firefighter Life Safety Initiatives.
Learn more about the great things going on with the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation’s Everyone Goes Home® Program
You can receive more information about National Fallen Firefighters Foundation programs, news, events, resources, and ways you can stay involved. You choose the types of E-mail alerts and programs that you’re interested in and we’ll send you the latest updates.