The following are the expectations and responsibilities for this important position:
Advocates will be expected to represent their state in the promotion, presentation, and awareness of Firefighters Life Safety Initiatives. They will serve as the eyes and ears of the Firefighter Life Safety Initiatives Program for their state.
- Monitor and review programs presented within your region that are relative to Firefighter Life Safety Initiatives.
- Attend, represent, or arrange to have a designate attend or participate in activities, events, programs, and training where there is an opportunity to promote Firefighter Life Safety Initiatives or assist in their implementation.
- Develop a reporting and sharing plan between you and the State/Local Advocates as well as with the Firefighter Life Safety Initiative Program team.
- Share with the Firefighter Life Safety Initiative Program team awareness and knowledge of activity within your region.
- Keep abreast of new developments and trends; make recommendation to Firefighter Life Safety Initiative Program team on desirable additions or suggested changes to enhance program and/or process.
- Participate in periodic teleconferences with Regional representatives.
- Identify and report on best practices within your state.
- Submit stories or provide input to the Firefighter Life Safety Initiative newsletter. Make recommendations for Seal of Excellence recipients.