The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, in conjunction with the National Advisory Committee of the Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI), released the Truman Fire Forum Report today here in Washington, DC, at the Truman Fire Forum Working Group Steering Committee Meeting.
This Report reflects the work that was done from the 17th Annual Truman Legacy Symposium and Fire Forum held in Key West, Florida, in May 2019.
The meeting in Washington this week is to lay out the strategy for the 2020 National Fire Service Research Agenda Symposium and the 2020 Tampa 3 Firefighter Life Safety Summit.
- “The Buck Stops Here” – Improving Firefighter and Community Safety – More than 70 years later, Truman’s legacy lives on in the form of the Truman Fire Service Working Group. The group’s members are dedicated to preventing fires, advocating for safe communities, and preventing firefighter line-of-duty (LODD) deaths. The report from the Truman Working Group and its partner the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation focuses on promoting firefighter and community safety.
- Historic Event added to the Congressional Record – The 17th Annual Harry S. Truman Legacy Symposium and Fire Forum, which revisited Truman’s 1947 National Conference on Fire Prevention, was entered into the Congressional Record on May 23, 2019.
- The Truman Fire Forum – At the Truman Fire Forum on May 7. 2019, three days of events concluded with an agreement on five priorities for the fire service to attack in an effort to make our nation a safer place to live.
- Watch Highlights of the 17th Annual Truman Legacy Symposium – 72-years, to the day, after President Harry S. Truman appeared before his 1947 National Conference on Fire Prevention, fire service leaders and others again gathered to discuss many of the same important issues. This time, as part of the annual Truman Legacy Symposium in Florida. Watch highlights from yesterday’s (May 6, 2019) events.
- Watch Kickoff of Harry S. Truman Legacy Symposium & Truman Fire Forum – Last night fire service leaders and others were welcomed to Harry S. Truman’s Little White House in Florida to kick-off the 17th Annual Truman Legacy Symposium and Truman Fire Forum. Here are the highlights.
- Announcing the 17th Annual Harry S. Truman Legacy Symposium – a Partnership of the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and the Key West Harry S. Truman Foundation – The 17th Annual Harry S. Truman Legacy Symposium will be held on May 5-6, 2019, on the historic grounds of the Harry S. Truman Little White House in Key West,