Do you know a fire chief or safety officer that sets the example? A person or an entire organization that is focused on personal safety and improving the overall health of our profession? Then now’s your chance to promote their efforts.
The annual Safety, Health and Survival Awards recognize organizations and individuals within organizations, of any size or composition, who have made a significant contribution to the overall environment of health and safety in their organizations and the fire service. This is an excellent chance for people to submit information on firefighters or fire officers to be recognized in four different categories—all related to firefighter safety, health and survival.
Awards will be presented during the IAFC’s Safety, Health and Survival Section meeting at FRI in the following four categories:
• Alan Brunacini Fire Service Executive Safety Award
• Billy Goldfeder Fire Service Organizational Safety Award
• Garry Briese IAFC Safety Performance Award
• Safety Officer of the Year
Take time now to nominate some good folks or departments that you know—including your own. The deadline for submitting nominations is April 10, 2017. Fire Service Executive Safety Award and Organizational Safety Award winners will receive:
• One all-access registration to FRI, July 26 – 29 in Charlotte, NC
• Travel and hotel accommodations for FRI.