In November 2016, the management team from the Everyone Goes Home® Advocate program hosted a strategic planning meeting with the Regional Advocates. The purpose of the meeting was to review the Advocate activities and develop a strategic plan specific for the Advocate program and its activities.
The process was lead by Invica Performance, LLC, and much time was spent investigating the background of the program, the current state, and working to improve process to sustain the program for the next 3-5 years. The final result was the completion of the Advocate Program Strategic Plan that will support our State Advocates and promote the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and Everyone Goes Home® programs to a larger population of the fire service than ever before.
With the release of the strategic plan, we want to share the new Mission, Vision, and Values of the Advocate program:
To advocate for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation’s Everyone Goes Home® programs and promote positive cultural change by:
• Providing training and resources;
• Developing key partnerships;
• and Communicating effectively within the fire service community.
To eliminate all preventable firefighter deaths and injuries.
Excellence in advocacy through commitment, courage, character, and competence:
• Commitment – We are dedicated to honoring fallen firefighters and reducing deaths and injuries through training, education, research, and outreach. We are committed to positive change and constant improvement as outlined in the NFFF’s Everyone Goes Home® Advocate Program | 2017 Strategic Plan 13. We will exhibit the highest degree of moral character, technical excellence, and competence in what we have been trained to do.
• Courage – Courage gives us the moral and mental strength to do what is right, even in the face of personal or professional adversity. Courage is needed to persevere in our quest to eliminate preventable firefighter deaths and injuries.
• Character – We will act with honesty and integrity, not compromising the truth. We will show consideration for one another, and recognize and respect each other’s differences.
• Competence – We will build rapport with members of the fire service by truthfully sharing our knowledge, engaging in discussion, and listening empathetically. We will work to reward, encourage, and motivate others to support our mission and achieve our goals.