– The report lists 10 things firefighters can do to reduce cardiovascular disease. While much of it is common sense, the hope is the work being done by this group will put a new focus on keeping firefighters healthy so they can fight fires and save lives. READ
– Sunday May 15, 2016 marks the beginning of National EMS Week and presents an opportunity to honor the men and women who deliver pre-hospital 9-1-1 emergency medical care throughout the United States. READ
– You’ve heard the advice from experts about preventing cancer: Put your face mask on when you’re going into a fire and keep it on during overhaul. Wash your hood and your turn-out gear after an incident. Shower when you return to the station. Do you do these things or do you keep your gear salty and give in to peer-pressure? READ
– Some Maryland lawmakers want to gut the state’s mandatory residential sprinkler law. It’s an enormous step backwards that will cost lives. As firefighters, we need to let the delegates and senators know what we know about sprinklers. They need to understand that a vote for House Bill 19 means people will be injured and die in homes that should have been sprinklered. Watch this video and listen to the message from Sher Grogg, whose brother, sister-in-law, three nieces and a nephew died a year ago in a Maryland house fire.
» Sounding-off About Saving Lives READ
– During its annual Safety Forum in Scottsdale, Ariz., last month, the Fire Department Safety Officers Association (FDSOA) announced the Phoenix Fire Department is an Official Regional Training and Certification Center for Incident Safety Officers within the Phoenix Regional Automatic Aid System. READ
Learn more about the great things going on with the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation’s Everyone Goes Home® Program
You can receive more information about National Fallen Firefighters Foundation programs, news, events, resources, and ways you can stay involved. You choose the types of E-mail alerts and programs that you’re interested in and we’ll send you the latest updates.